It is likely that looking at the simple nature of the yoga exercises, you might doubt its efficiency but within a few days of this program you will begin to notice its profound effects. It not only will help you reduce weight but also be of immense help in the overall functioning of the body.
The yoga poses, which are part of the eight yoga exercises, work on your being at many different levels. These sets and exercises will help you lose weight and burn fat effectively, together with a significant change in the energetic and metabolic level.
These exercises, which are done in conjunction with the movements, will prove to be of great help in the expansion of your lung capacity, help you improve your circulatory system and raise the internal heat of the body, hence assisting you to burn up and eliminate toxins, dead gases and waste products.
Everyday practice of this set will help you lose weight effectively. But, make sure you start with about 30 seconds or 1 minute each and then build up from there. Also, if you wish to be sure of your pace initially, try using modifications.
If necessary, take short breaks between the exercises or else do them in sequence one after the other without rest. However, the only purpose of yoga is not just to make you lose the extra pounds but also to develop a healthy, fit body full of abundant energy.
Yoga Arm Raises
a. Brief procedure:
- Stand up tall.
- Swinging both your arms up with palms facing forward, inhale deeply through the nose.
- Next by swinging your arms down, exhale powerfully through the mouth. Make sure the exhalation is brief and powerful and it throws the air out of the system.
- Next swinging your arms up and down in a little brisk pace, try and be in conjunction with the breathing.
b. The duration for Yoga Arm Raises should be 1-5 minutes.
c. The benefits of Yoga Arm Raises are:
- It is believed to be very effective in getting your energy going.
- It leads to expansion of your chest cavity and the lung capacity.
- Helpful in throwing away all negativity out of your body (toxins, negative emotions, stress, negative thoughts). You can verify this by visualizing any negativity that has been troubling you for some time now, which will then be expelled from your system as you exhale.
- Works on your shoulders and hence promotes flexibility and strength.
- Continuing with the standing posture.
- Take your arms in jogging position and begin to march in the same place where you are standing.
- Now, begin with the Breath of Fire Breathing Exercise.
- Try and bring your keens up high just as you march.
b. The duration for Kundalini Yoga March has to be 1-5 mins.
c. Some benefits of Kundalini Yoga March:
- Helps you with your heart rate.
- Helps in quick oxygenation of your blood.
- Has been proved to be an effective warm-up before you get going with the more strenuous exercises.
- Works on your legs.
a. Instructions for Yoga Jogging:
- Having your arms as if you were jogging and continuing with the Breath of Fire Breathing Exercise, start jogging in place.
- Try and bring your knees up high as you jog.
b. the duration for Yoga Jogging has to be 1-5 mins.
c. Some Benefits of Yoga Jogging:
- It gets the blood circulating throughout your body and helps pick up the heart rate.
- A few minutes with Breath of Fire is equivalent to doing the exercise much longer with normal breathing.
- It greatly works on your legs.
You can take a break at this point if you are feeling very winded.
Yoga Jumping Jacks
a. Guided Instructions for Kundalini Yoga Jumping Jacks:
- Now stand with your arms down and feet together and taking a half inhalation, jump your legs to about shoulder width apart and swing your arms straight out to the sides parallel to the ground.
- Now as you jump and bring your feet wide apart, complete the inhalation. Simultaneously swing your arms directly above your head and clap your palms together.
- As you jump your feet back to shoulder width apart and swing your hands back to being parallel to the ground with palms facing down and fingers extended, do a half exhalation.
- Now by jumping your feet back together and bringing your hands back down all the away, complete the Jumping Jack.
b. The duration for Kundalini Yoga Jumping Jacks has to be 1-5 mins.
c. The benefits of Kundalini Yoga Jumping Jacks are:
- It’s good for your heart and lungs.
- It also works on building concentration and focus.
- Also works on your calves, leg muscles, arms and shoulders.
Try and take a break at this point if you are feeling very winded.
Deep Squats Yoga Exercise
a. Instructions for Deep Squats Yoga Exercise:
- Now stand with your feet shoulder width apart and extend both your arms straight out in front of you, with your fingers extended and palms facing down.
- Inhale through the nose as you squat down and as you stand back up try and exhale powerfully through the mouth.
b. The duration for Deep Squats Yoga Exercise has to be 1-5 mins
c. Some benefits of Deep Squats Yoga Exercise are:
- It is very effective for toning and strengthening of the large muscles of your thighs and buttocks.
- It helps build up vitality and virility.
- Also works on your shoulders.
Yoga Archer’s Pose
a. Instructions for Yoga Archer’s Pose:
- Stand and place your feet wide apart.
- Now have your right foot pointing in slightly and your left foot pointing to your left while keeping your heels in a straight line.
- Keeping 70% of your weight on your left leg, lean to the left. Feel the stretch in your right upper thigh.
- Extend your left arm out and turn your head to the left and look at your left fist.
- Now acting as if your right hand is pulling back the bow strings, do Long Deep Powerful Breathing while holding this posture and gazing steadily over your left fist. And then reverse the posture.
b. The Duration for Kundalini Yoga Archer’s Pose is to be 1-3 mins per side.
c. The benefits of Kundalini Yoga Archer’s Pose are:
- It opens up and expands your energy channels and helps build strength of character, self-esteem, confidence, concentration and mental focus.
- Helps expand your chest and lungs.
- It is also good for your legs and shoulders and helps eliminate stress.
Yoga Abdominal Pop Corn Exercise
a. Instructions for Yoga Abdominal Pop Corn Exercise:
- Lie on your back, bend your legs and bring you knees in towards your chest.
- Now hold on to each knee making sure that the right hand grasps right knee, and the left hand grasps the left knee.
- Next try and explode off the ground just like a pop corn popping. So you are trying to launch your whole body towards the ceiling.
- If you are doing it the way we are asking you to, your abdominal muscles will let you know.
b. The duration for Yoga Abdominal Pop Corn Exercise is 1-5 minutes.
c. Benefits of Kundalini Yoga Abdominal Pop Corn Exercise:
- Helps build your core power and abdominal strength.
- Effective in building overall fitness and stamina.
Yoga Dance & Shake
a. Instructions for Yoga Dance & Shake:
- With or without the help of a cushion, sit comfortably with your legs crossed and raise your hands above your head.
- Now vigorously and chaotically move everything from the hips up, hence moving your arms, shoulders, chest, waist, fingers, head, etc.
- During the entire duration of the exercise, breathe very deeply and powerfully. As a result of the force of the breathing, your navel should be pumping.
b. The duration for Yoga Dance & Shake is 1-5 mins.
c. The benefits of Kundalini Yoga Dance & Shake are:
- It helps charge, invigorate and awaken all your cells and organs.
- It helps throw out all the garbage of the past and breaks down deep rooted patterns of thought and behaviour.
Relaxing in Yoga Corpse Pose
a. Instruction for Yoga Corpse Pose:
- Lying on your back with your arms out to turn your palms slightly upward your sides about six to twelve inches away from your body.
- Now relax your body and breath.
b. The duration for Yoga Corpse Pose is 1-5 minutes.
c. The benefits of Yoga Corpse Pose are:
- It enables the body to consolidate the gains from the previous exercises.
- Helps the body heal and rejuvenate itself.
- Helps promote relaxation and peace.